This is our privacy and cookies policy, we (us, our) are Outdoor Provisions Limited and operate the site www.outdoorprovisions.co.uk.
For General Data Protection Regulation (2018) purposes, we are the Data Controller.
This policy describes what personal information we gather, the ways we gather it, how we use it and what controls you have.
We aim to ensure that all personal information we gather and use about you will be held, used and transmitted in compliance with all applicable data protection legislation at all times.
We are committed to protecting your privacy on-line. We know that providing personal information requires your trust in us, we appreciate that and take our commitment seriously. We understand that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately or used in unexpected ways.
Any newsletters, offers or competitions will only be sent to you where you are happy to receive these.
We will not disclose your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes.
This policy undergoes continuous revision so is often updated, it's worth checking in to review this every now and then. This policy was last updated on 18 September 2019.
You can access your account page 'My Account' from every page on the website except during the checkout process.
You can access, correct and update your personal information from your account page on the Site. If you are having trouble contact us using the details from the ‘contact’ section of this policy. You can also delete your account from your account page
You can object to and restrict processing, as well as request portability and deletion of your personal information, or withdraw your prior consent for use of your information by contacting us using the details from the ‘contact’ section of this policy. This will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal.
You can opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. Click on the “unsubscribe here” link in the marketing e-mails we send you to do this.
We are required to retain personal information for a period of time after account closure for legal, tax and accounting reasons.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact the Information Commissioner's Office.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
The information we collect depends on what activities you are carrying out on www.outdoorprovisions.co.uk, whether you are logged in or not and whether you are making a purchase.
When you visit the Site, we may automatically collect information about you, such as your IP address, browser type, the website from which you have come to the Site. You cannot be identified from this information
We may collect and process the following information about you, without limitation:
- Information you submit by completing forms on the site, such as registration or newsletter sign up. This includes name, postage address, email address, phone number.
- Account registration information; including your user-name, password and other log-in details.
-Information from purchases; Credit card details that you provide to enable you to make purchases.
- Any changes you notify us of; for example change of personal details such as an address on the ‘my account’ page.
- Communications you send to us, including queries, concerns or comment regarding the website or its contents.
- Details of your visits to the Site, the resources you access and any data you download.
- If you have provided us with an email address we will be able to associate this to your previous purchase and browsing history even if you are not logged in, we will know if you receive email alerts and can associate this with other contact info you have given us.
- Information about you, your computer or device and your use of the site via cookies. We cover this in more detail in section 6.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
The automatic information we collect as mentioned above is used to assist us in providing an effective service on the Site, to collect broad demographic information, to help identify problems with our server and to administer the Site.
We will use the information you provide to:
- Identify visitors to the Site and screen orders for potential risk, fraud and misuse or abuse of our terms and conditions
- Fulfil your orders, arrange shipping, providing invoices and receipts, confirm orders and process payments.
- Provide you with the services and information offered through the Site and which you request and send information you have requested from us or we think you may find useful if you have not opted out of being contacted for these purposes.
- Account administration
- Establish product preferences in order to recommend other products you may like.
- Audit the downloading of data from the Site;
- Improve the layout and content of the Site including customisation, e.g. establishing product preferences to make bespoke recommendations for you.
- Carry out research on user demographics and tracking of sales data, including assessing the success of any marketing or advertising campaigns.
If you begin to create an account via the website but leave this process or any order incomplete we will contact you to see if you require help to complete the process. As above you can opt-out of communications from the bottom of that email.
You will only receive marketing emails where you have given us permission. You can update, opt-out or unsubscribe from these by updating your notification preferences from the link at the bottom of any email. You can also do this by contacting us at the details provided in the contact section at the bottom of this policy.
Cookies are data files placed on your device/computer and can include an anonymous unique, they do not personally identify users. They store and sometimes track information about your website use. Cookies can last varying lengths of time, from the duration of your Site visit to longer.
- Creating a specific log-in session for a visitor to our website in order that the site remembers that a visitor is logged in and that their page requests are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner.
- Recognising when a visitor to the website has visited before; this helps with recognising registered members and also tracking the number of unique visitors so we have enough capacity.
- We may also log information from your computer including the existence of cookies, your IP address and information about your browser program in order to allow us to diagnose problems, administer and track your usage of the Services.
- Customising elements of layout and/or content of the pages of the website to provide users with relevant content
- Performance measurement; Collecting information about how our visitors engage with the website we can learn which parts are most popular and make relevant improvements.
For more information on cookies and how to disable them, https://allaboutcookies.org does a better job than we ever could. It is worth noting that blocked or deleted cookies may alter or restrict the use of parts of our website
We will only share your personal information with third parties as detailed in this policy, or as otherwise required by law. We may share your personal information in the following ways, without limitation:
- In any circumstances where we have your consent.
- With trusted service providers that help us perform those activities mentioned in section 4,
- Email service providers
- Order delivery, such as royal mail
- Fraud prevention services
- Hosting services
- Customer support
- If you refer a new customer to us or you sign up as a result of a referral, we may share your name with the referred person or person making the referral.
- As we continue to develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, your Information may be among the transferred assets or may be shared with the other company or business for purposes due diligence during the transaction.
- With third parties with whom we have a contractual relationship.
- We may share your feedback or comments. If you post anything to this Site or through the Services that can be viewed by the general public, we may share that with third parties.
- We may use third-party Web analytics Services on the Site, such as those of Google Analytics, this may involve sharing certain information about you and the device you use to access the Services to deliver tailored advertising.
- We may share your Information when we believe that such sharing is reasonably necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities or involving the legal process.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures and security features designed to safeguard the privacy of your personal information from loss, modification, unauthorised access or improper use. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and we will continue to enhance these as technology changes.
Your account information is password-protected for your privacy and security. You can help to keep this information secure by maintaining the confidentiality of your password used on the Site. It is recommended that you change your password periodically to enhance this security.
It is advisable to log out and close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
While we make every effort to ensure that your information is secure on our system we cannot guarantee that loss, modification, unauthorised access or improper use of information will never occur, we do, however, use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
Submission of information over the Internet is never entirely secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
If you believe there is any unauthorised use of your account or any other breach of security please inform us immediately so we can take appropriate action.
Access to personal information is restricted to key members of staff. Backups are run to prevent loss of information and our Internet servers are housed in secure facilities.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have a legitimate business need to do so, e.g. to provide you with a requested service or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it where possible, if this is not possible, e.g because your personal information has been stored in backup archives, then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until it can be deleted.
The Site contains links to external websites, please read carefully any privacy policies on those websites before either agreeing to their terms or using those websites.